Thursday 4 March 2010

Why the hate?

'What I hate about me' is actually a bit of a deceiving blog name, because to be honest, what I intend to blog about isn't actually what I hate about myself, well, not really.... only sometimes. 

You see, I have (Juvenile) Rheumatoid Arthritis. Diagnosed at the age of 4, and now im 22..... almost 23. For the most part of my life I can honestly say I never let my my RA affect me emotionally and I sure as hell wouldn't let it stop me doing what my friends did, but as Ive got older things have changed and Ive found that over the past year or so, my life now is just a tiny fragment of what it used to be. But I'm not all doom and gloom. I just say I'm going through a super rough patch right now. 

It has at times made me wonder how other people cope with RA, so I started to search the internet for blogs written by sufferers. I found quite a few actually, but they all seemed to be written by people who had lived a 'normal' life and become affected in their mid 20's and 30's..... and they're all american (no offence, but I just wanted something a little closer to home!).  Im yet to find a blog by someone my age and by someone who's had the disease since birth.

So anyway this is where my blog comes into it all. I sort of wish growing up I could have read something that gave me an idea of how young people get by with RA... and the sort of things that could make me better or at least procedures/meds/etc that could make my life easier. I'm not saying I know everything when it comes to RA, but as you will learn, my bones have been severely damaged by it, so some of my experiences are quite extreme, and it might get a little complicated at times, but all in all I just want to prove that young people with RA can do pretty much anything anyone else can do.........

So.... Thats the reason behind the blog, I'll follow it up with a post about me and my RA shortly, but this post is getting far too long for my liking!

No comments:

Post a Comment