Sunday 14 March 2010

This is me

I've been so busy that I sort of forgot I made this thing!

But now that I've explained the purpose of the blog I suppose you should know a little about me!

So where to start? I'm 22 years old from the south of England. I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 4 and I'll probably set off the metal detectors at the airport........ This is because when I was 20 I had both my hips replaced (6 months apart), and just about 6 weeks ago I had my left ankle replaced........ And yes I really am 22 years old..... not a 60 year old in disguise!

The thing about my arthritis is that unlike lots of people I read about, I have had mine since birth, and haven't somehow acquired it after living a bit of a 'normal' life.... but to be honest I think maybe my way is best. Some things I have just never known or experienced so I never get to miss it... And every new step I take with better drugs, operations etc., means I can do things that I never could.... And that's sort of quite nice..... maybe that makes sense to someone...

Ive been on countless drugs, too many to even remember....and after a very fat 18 months on steroids and a very sickening year on Methotrexate, at the age of 15 I was put on Enbel. That really was the turning point for me. Up until the age of 15 I was practically wheelchair bound, and my arthritis attacks all of my joints....every single one......and this brand new sparkly drug made me feel ALOT less crappy...... and just like magic I could walk! (not much....but still!)

I know im rambling... and it may not be not all in order.... and defently not in full... but im so tired from work, I feel like i could sleep for 10 years....shame Ive got to be up early tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment